Some kitchens work hard, others play hard- this kitchen does both- setting the stage for active entertaining in a big way! When preparing food together with friends is an integral part of your lifestyle your kitchen needs multiple work zones and ample seating for the dinner show. Incorporating a full bar and separate beverage center with wine always on tap and an integrated coffee machine encourages guests to congregate throughout the kitchen from the pre-party, linger for the post party and welcomes guests in the morning. Parties start and end in the kitchen so it was always on display and needed to be recast in a more attractive supporting role.
Purchased at deep discount at a culinary showroom closing, our client had a ready assortment of appliances in storage, “waiting in the wings”. The existing kitchen wasn’t well configured for cooking with dark dreary cabinets and black glossy walls it felt closed in and uninspiring. Edging the kitchen, the primary circulation route for the garage access, elevator and staircase make it a crossroads for flow throughout the home . Making everyday living and entertaining easier from start to finish and cooking more enjoyable this kitchen is ready for the performance.
- Multiple spaces for formal and informal dining beyond the kitchen made a kitchen table superfluous taking up valuable square footage
- A built-in china cabinet lacked true functionality, collecting and displaying dust.
- Limited working space at the island cooktop cramped the usability of the kitchen
- Opening Act Beverage Center includes the wine preservation unit, carbonated and instant hot water, coffee system, under-cabinet refrigeration, wine refrigeration, dish-drawer.
- A cased opening enlarged and arched extending architectural detailing from other areas while bringing morning light deeper into the space
- Relocating the fridge and adding task oriented refrigeration supports full course meal preparation and quick morning breakfasts. Pull out shelves inside appliance garages bring small appliances out for their part.
- Main Act Island with Rangetop allows for performance cooking by the starring chef du jour and more intimate everyday meals, while the workhorse Range and dual warming drawers step in to play supporting roles. Whether catering for large events or doing bulk cooking this kitchen can handle it all.
- Closing Act curved counter height seating at the Entertaining Bar creates a final destination for late night drinks overlooking the rear deck. Barkeeper is supported by a small sink, under-cabinet ice maker and fridge/freezer drawers.
Working with Custom Dwellings to create my dream kitchen was itself a dream. From the start of the project, Stephanie took my vision and made it into something way better. The process of working with them was easy, streamlined and what they said they would do, they did and on time. Even well after the project is done, they are there to answer questions and help. I highly recommend Custom Dwellings, and as you can see from the pictures, they do outstanding work!
Amanda F. | Atlanta, GA