Nancy Creek Master Bath
Understated yet bold, the full wall of large format porcelain tile as focal point in the master shower is equally unexpected and harmonious as it contrasts with the utilitarian aesthetic of the adjacent concrete field tile.
The master bath in this rambling ranch had an expansive amount of underutilized square footage and lacked useful storage. Expanding the vanity to incorporate thoughtful storage solutions, opening the shower to the space, and breaking the tub free of the bay window all work together to create a luxurious master bath retreat.
Project Overview/Challenges, Solutions and Special Features
- The existing master suite wing of the house had significant structural settlement to address in the renovation, striking a careful balance between truly levelling the floor and making it "old house level" was necessary.
- Combining champagne bronze finishes from multiple manufacturers across plumbing fixtures, lighting, and shower hardware.
- Separate but equal storage zones for both users of the bath
- Creation of a linen hutch with perpetual laundry sorting hub keeps the necessities of daily living convenient yet hidden away.
- Large format tile minimizes grout joints and gives big style
- An oversize shampoo niche in the shower is positioned low for an integrated toe ledge for shaving
- Tiled in linear shower drain with sliced pebble tile mosaic ties the color palate of the shower together.
Our master bathroom had been "last on the list" for revitalization, so when it was time to rip out the old and install the new... we knew Stephanie would do us proud, making it worth the wait! She thoughtfully designed every detail - keeping in mind our unique requests and specifications for an open format, his-and-her separation of sinks, and LOTS of storage. Custom Dwellings took our bathroom from the ugliest room in the house to the most spa-like, relaxing bathroom we've ever seen. The work of Custom Dwellings exceeded our expectations for this project.
Lindsay C. | Atlanta