Two years in development (interrupted by Covid-19) this whole house renovation will completely transform the 1967 era home for it's new owners to retire in convenient proximity to the Marietta Square.
Additions include a new rocking chair front porch and a rear sunroom addition with patio and pergola space for outdoor entertaining. The interior is being almost completely gutted with main level interior wall removal in progress. The main level guest suite bath is being reconfigured to support aging in place and daily use.
Project Overview/Challenges, Solutions and Special Features
- The existing master suite wing of the house is built out over the garage space so additional insulation and climate control work is planned to make the space more comfortable
- The master bath will be getting totally reconfigured, complete with freestanding soaking tub and walk-in shower with bench seat.
- The existing electrical meter is no longer to code and relocation/upgrade is necessary.
- The laundry is moving from the kitchen to the upper level for greater convenience.
- Opening up the main level will change the flow of the house completely, contemporizing it for the future.
Our master bathroom had been "last on the list" for revitalization, so when it was time to rip out the old and install the new... we knew Stephanie would do us proud, making it worth the wait! She thoughtfully designed every detail - keeping in mind our unique requests and specifications for an open format, his-and-her separation of sinks, and LOTS of storage. Custom Dwellings took our bathroom from the ugliest room in the house to the most spa-like, relaxing bathroom we've ever seen. The work of Custom Dwellings exceeded our expectations for this project.
Lindsay C. | Atlanta